1. What is the Principle behind B12?
The desire of God, and the passion of His heart is to see all nations saved and people Become Believers and are Being discipled to Build His Kingdom. How can we accomplish this?
By following the model of Jesus. To focus on 12 men, pour your heart and life into them to see them succeed grow in God’s calling for their life.
This is done by Bringing them to Christ, connecting them to the Body where they can Belong and Bond together, helping them Build their faith and character through Biblical teaching, so they can Bear fruit for the Lord and Be a Blessing for the community.
Through this principle, people don’t just become believers, but they live a Blessed, Beautiful and Balanced life that truly reflects the image of Christ and Bring glory to God Almighty. This is the Principle of B12!
2. What is B12?
- B12 means “Builders of 12” or “Bradford of 12”
- B12 is a church growth method which emphasize the formation of small groups (called Bgroups), composed of believers who are committed for mutual growth, discipleship, accountability, evangelism and multiplication.
3. What is a B-Group?
B-Groups are the primary place where you can belong and be cared for personally and intimately at Bradford Church. It is within these small groups that men and women from various stages in life can build personal relationship with God and each other and practice applying the gospel to their lives. Each group expects to experience Jesus Christ in its midst, enabling participants to be transformed through mutual ministry and to experience life in the family of God.
Composed of four to twelve people, groups meet in homes, offices, or in the church for mutual growth and edification. All groups are led by trained lay-leaders from the congregation who receive continued oversight and support from our pastoral staff. Groups generally meet every week for worship, bible study, fellowship and prayer. Many groups also participate in monthly service projects or social events, in place of a regular meeting.
These groups provide sanctuary from the pressures and anxieties of life in the city and facilitate the formation of new friendships. B-groups are places where we can be revitalized and strengthened as we seek to reflect the love of Jesus Christ to our fellow believers and to the unbelieving society as a whole. As God made us for community, we need others to help us apply the gospel to our lives. Our hope is that everyone who attends our church will be involved in a B-Group.
4. What advantages will B12 bring to Bradford?
- Intentional about creating full-bodied disciples of Christ.
- Practical and effective way to build a culture of discipleship and nurture members in a big church.
- Focuses on relational evangelism and is a proven way to grow churches through spiritual maturity and multiplication.
- Allows every member to minister (serve) and connect in ways that best match their gifts and passions. Maximizes the potential of members to be involved in the ministry.
- Provide an opportunity for deeper levels of maturity, trust and accountability among members.
- Helps group members stay focused on discipleship and evangelism, as well as encourage regular prayers for each other.
- Outreach friendly and a proven biblical tool to bring unbelievers to the church.
- This method or system reflects so much on what the New Testament church was doing. So this is more biblical!( Luke 6:12-13; Acts 2:46; Acts 16:40; Romans 16:5; 1 Corinthians 16:19)
- Spiritual needs (even physical) of individual member can be addressed in a small group setting compared to a large congregation.
- It’s the fastest way to fulfill the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
5 . What are the existing groups?
If you don’t find a suitable group to join, you can also contact our B-Groups coordinator and request to be assigned to a new group, with a leader of your choice.